Translate

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thoughts: 2013 Dodge Dart

The 2013 Dodge Dart made its debut this week at the 2012 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Mich.

Dodge is getting back into the compact segment with the 2013 Dodge Dart. The Dart will replace the aging Caliber, and become Dodge's smallest car in it's lineup. Dodge's new compact sedan is based on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta hatchback. The Dart will offer Dodge's performance and Alfa Romeo's DNA which will result in a fuel efficient, attractive, and fun to drive vehicle.

The styling of the new Dart takes some cues from the Charger, with the full-width LED tail lams, and dual exhaust.. The Dart has a tailored split-crosshair grille, projector headlamps, fog lamps, and accentuated fenders. The Doge Dart will be powered by 3 fuel efficient four cylinder engines. Buyers can select from a new "Tigershark 2.0L engine, a 1.4L MultiAir Intercooled Turbo engine, and a new "Tigershark" 2.4L MultiAir engine.

The Dart will be built at Chrysler Group's Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, Ill.

I've never really been excited about products from Dodge. I think that this vehicle will attract many buyers to the Dodge brand. I have to give Dodge credit because they are making the right choices and moves. The Dart will be priced at about $16,000. I can't wait to get behind the wheel of the new Dart. I may consider it as my first car!

What are your thoughts on the new Dodge Dart?

Please click the "Join this site" button on the right hand side, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to say "I'll take one, please!" but will reserve further opinion until I see the actual size ... and price. Challenger, Charger, Dart ... good to see them back. Add to the line a full-size six-passenger sedan/hardtop call it Polara and I'd be interested in one as well. There is one market segment, though, Chrysler is still missing, the upper medium-price 'personal luxury' field. Fill it with the Alfa Thesis, reconfigured with Chrysler 'family resemblance' styling cues, and name - not kidding here - name it DeSoto. Drop a Hemi under the hood and believe-you-me a new personal-luxury DeSoto would move ... in sales, too.

    ReplyDelete

Print this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...