Translate

Monday, October 3, 2011

Thoughts: Infiniti

I've driven just about all of the Infiniti models except for the M and QX. Lately everyone has been bashing   Infiniti for their designs, I praise them because there are no other car companies that can pull it off. There is nothing wrong with Infiniti's designs in my opinion. I think every Infiniti looks good with my favorite being the FX! Everyone that has talked to me or read my blog knows that I am a big fan of Nissan & Infiniti. My grandmother has had three generations of Nissan Maxima's ('84, '99, & '05) and two Infiniti EX's ('08 & '11). They are my top two favorite brands mainly because of their bold designs and great engines. While I do like Infiniti there are some things that I dislike about the brand as well. I am not a big fan of the new 7-speed transmission. The biggest complaint I have about Infiniti is their model line-up. Yes they will be adding the new JX and a small compact car but I don't think those two are enough especially when you compare their line-up to BMW or Mercedes-Benz.

In one of my post a week or so ago I talked with Matt Farah and he stated "They need a halo car" referring to both Infiniti and Acura. I had to sit and think about it but I completely agreed with him. Infiniti has been saying for the past few years that it is not the right time to bring back the Q45. But I think its hurting the brand more by not having a halo car that competes against the Audi A8, BMW 7 series, and the Mercedes-Benz S class. There are also talks of a Infiniti super car based off of the Nissan GT-R, which I think would be great for the brand. If the rumors are true and this car does come to the line-up I hope that its after the Q45. I would also love to see Infiniti make a car that competes against the Mercedes-Benz CLS and Audi A7. One car that needs to be grow in size to be more competitive is the EX. Infiniti doesn't sell many of these and that has do with the fact that the EX is smaller than its competitors.

I consider Infiniti a luxury brand but if they want to truly go head to head with their German rivals they have to take the IPL brand to the next level. It has been said that the IPL brand does not compete against BMW's M and Mercedes-Benz AMG performance brands. But I feel that it should have been positioned to compete against them and should not have been released if it wasn't going to be a true performance brand. I know that Infiniti can take the IPL performance brand to the next level. If Infiniti does go about repositioning the G IPL I'm sure they can take on the M3 and C63 AMG.

I am no expert on the auto industry but over the years I have seen the auto industry evolve. The luxury car market has become very competitive and no luxury automaker can afford to make a mistake. Infiniti's sales have increased from where they used to be but they still don't come close to BMW, Mercedes-Benz, or Lexus. Infiniti's marketing team has to really get aggressive and promote the brand more. I think the introduction of the JX and new compact sedan will bring more buyers to the brand but Infiniti still needs a halo car. It's time for the Q to be resurrected, and if it is, Infiniti needs to make sure it is just as competitive as the S class, 7 series, and the Lexus LS. If I had to buy a luxury car, Infiniti would be my first choice I would not have to think about it twice. I wish Infiniti nothing but success and hope that the brand will become a more competitive luxury car brand.

I can't wait to drive and review the new JX!

Are you a loyal Infiniti fan? What is your favorite Infiniti model?

For more information on Infiniti vehicles check out there website: www.infinitiusa.com

Please click the "Join this site" button on the right hand side, subscribe, and check out my other posts!


5 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm a loyal Infiniti fan! My favorite is the FX, too. I'd love an FX50 Sport. Or one day an FX IPL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank's for commenting! Yes an FX IPL would be wonderful to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a loyal Infiniti fan. I have owned the G35X and now I have the G37 sports convertible. I happen to like Infiniti's designs. They really take the entire user experience into consideration and bring sexy to the car game. They're the only manufacturer of convertibles that put Bose speakers in the headrest. The audio gets louder when driving and quiets when the car is stopped. While I love those features I don't like mechanics of their cars. Excessive road noise. Heavy doors on the convertible because of the hard top. I'm getting a new vehicle and want a truck. I've opted for the MB GLK because I don't like the shape of the FX. It's too long in the front and the backseat is too cramped for so much car. I also wanted a smoother ride. After driving so low to the ground in the convertible and feeling every bump its time for some smooth elevation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some great vehicles. I am not a fan of the MB GLK because I do not like the exterior or interior of the crossover. I actually love the FX but I think you should look at the Infiniti EX which competes against the GLK. My grandmother has had two EXs already and loves it. The ride is comfortable and steering is precise. I would also give the BMW X3 a chance also. But definitely look into the EX I don't think you will be disappointed.

      Delete

Print this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...