Translate

Friday, November 18, 2011

Revealed: 2013 Mazda CX-5

Mazda revealed the 2013 Mazda CX-5 which replaces the aging Tribute. The new CX-5 in my opinion is the best looking model currently in Mazda's lineup. This vehicle now wears the new Kodo styling instead of the "Smiley Face" design that everyone is used to to. The vehicle looks very sporty and aggressive which is a step in the right direction. I really like the interior on this Mazda which looks a lot better than the interiors in other Mazda products.

The new CX-5 is powered by Mazda's new 2.0L direct injected SkyActive-G engine. This engine produces 155 horsepower and 150 lb-ft of torque. Front wheel drive models will return 26 mpgs in the city and 33 mpgs on the highway. Front wheel drive models equipped with a manual transmission will return 35 mpgs on the highway. All wheel drive models will return 25 mpgs in the city and 30 mpgs on the highway. The base model vehicles can be had with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic. The all wheel drive models will only be equipped with a 6-speed automatic transmission. There will be three trim levels: Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring.

The CX-5 will be slotted below the bigger CX-7. I am very excited for future products that come from Mazda. The CX-5 is a great start for displaying the new Kodo styling. I can see this being a big seller for Mazda because of it's styling and fuel economy. One thing that bothers me is that this engine only produces 155 horses, I expected a little bit more coming from Mazda. Other than that I am very pleased with the new CX-5.

The CX-5 will go on sale in early 2012.

Update: The CX-5 will be priced at $21,490 for the base model.
Touring: $24,690 (FWD), $25,940 (AWD)
Grand Touring: $27,840 (FWD), $29,090 (AWD)

For more information on this car please check out Mazda's website: http://mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsMain&vehicleCode=CX5#/home

Please click the "Join this site" button on the right hand side, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I love this cx-5 this maybe my next car i like the fact that i dont have to give up good looks for room for the family I have a Mazda 5 now and its the best car and its great on gas too. I will be sticking with Mazda products they are fun to drive and look at.

    ReplyDelete

Print this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...