Translate

Thursday, April 5, 2012

2012 NY Auto Show: 2013 Cadillac XTS

Today Cadillac announced that the XTS sedan will start at $44,995 including a $920 destination charge. A loaded XTS Platinum will come in at about $62,000. The XTS will get CUE, Cadillac's infotainment system. It will also get a direct-injected 3.6L V6 engine, which will be paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission.


I had the chance to sit in the XTS and I have to say that I was very impressed! The trunk of the XTS is massive, there was tons of space available. The back seats of the XTS are soft and plush. I was very comfortable sitting there, I had plenty of legroom and headroom. The front two seats are just as comfortable as the seats in the back. Both come with lumbar support which is terrific for drivers, especially on long drives. The front two seats are power seats and they are very supportive. The leather that is used in the Cadillac is top-notch. The layout of dashboard and console were well thought-out and adds to the XTS's luxurious feel.I am crazy about shift knobs and I can say that I love the shift knob in the XTS. I did have a chance to play around with Cadillac's CUE system which isn't finalized yet but I really like the system. I found it easy to touch and make changes, it was also very responsive. The real test of the CUE system will be when it is put into production and appears in production models.  

I think that the XTS so far is a great looking car and will do well when it is released. I can see Cadillac selling quite a few of these. A lot of people are saying that the XTS is not worth the money because of it's engine and the fact that it is front-wheel drive. But I have to disagree, the XTS offers a lot of value and luxury for your buck. This is a luxury midsize sedan and just because other cars in the class are sporty doesn't mean that the XTS is not worth it. There are plenty of people who just want a cruising car and one that has a soft and relaxing ride.


What are your thoughts on the 2013 Cadillac XTS?

Please comment, subscribe, follow, and check out my other posts!

4 comments:

Print this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...