Translate

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Revealed: 2013 Infiniti JX

Yesterday Infiniti revealed the new 2013 JX , it's new front-wheel drive luxury crossover. In a previous post about the JX concept I gave praise to Infiniti for delivering another great looking vehicle. I think Infiniti has to add more vehicles to it's lineup and the JX is a great start. The production version doesn't look much different than the concept car. The interior of the JX screams luxurious!

The front-wheel drive version will start at a little over $40,000 and the an all-wheel drive version will start around $42,000. The JX will be powered by a 3.5L V-6 engine that produces 265 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque mated to a sport-tuned CVT. Which will achieve 17 miles in the city and 23 miles on the highway.

I am actually really disappointed with the engine that Infiniti has chosen to use in the JX. I really expected this vehicle to have more horsepower and torque. This engine is very similar to the engine used in the Nissan Murano. This is not to say that it is a bad engine but I think it was the wrong choice for the JX. At these price points I expected to see an engine similar to the ones found in other Infiniti models. I'm curious as to why Infiniti didn't use the Maxima's engine which produces 290 horsepower? Infiniti did price this vehicle well and it will undercut the starting prices of the Acura MDX and Audi Q7.

The Infiniti JX will go on sale in the Spring of 2012. I expect this model to be very important for the Infiniti brand. I think Infiniti has a hit on their hands and I can't wait to drive the new JX!

*Update: Since this morning (3/27/12) I have been reading and watching reviews and comments on the 2013 Infiniti JX35. There are some who fully like the vehicle and others who only like certain aspects of the vehicle. Three problems that came up were about the 265 hp V6 engine, style and the CVT transmission. Many could not understand why Infiniti chose it. I know that the choice of the CVT was for fuel economy. The JX does offer better fuel economy than the MDX and RX. I love the styling of Infiniti vehicles so I am a big fan of the JX styling, but some are not fans of it. When I first heard Infiniti was using the 265 hp V6 I was quite shocked by it. When I think of Infiniti I always think of bold styling and horsepower! But I can see where Infiniti is coming from with this vehicle. I may not agree with all of the choices but I respect it. I can't wait to get behind the wheel of the JX35 to see how it really performs.

What are your thoughts on the 2013 Infiniti JX?

For more information on the JX check out Infiniti's website: http://www.infinitiusa.com/all-new-jx/

Please follow my blog, subscribe, and check out my other posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...