Translate

Friday, November 18, 2011

Revealed: 2013 Lincoln MKS and MKT

Lincoln revealed the refreshed MKS and MKT at the L.A. Auto Show. I don't know what Ford/Lincoln was thinking but the new corporate grill is worse than the one it replaces. I actually prefer the old grill compared to this new one, I thought it made Lincolns look bold. Many people didn't like it which is the reason for this new grill but it was not a good choice. Just like Honda has to go back and make some changes to the new Civic, Ford/Lincoln needs to go back and make some MORE changes. The interior of both vehicles are better than they were before but I would like to see something a lot different. When I look at the interiors they still remind me of the Ford brand. Lincoln really has to drastically change up the interiors the next go around.

Besides the new grill and front fascia, the MKS and MKT also receive new features. One of the new features are the Continuously Controlled Damping system, which is standard on all MKS models and only available on the MKT models equipped with the EcoBoost 3.5 V-6 engine. Another feature is The Lincoln Drive Control allows the driver to change the settings on the car from normal, comfort, or sport. Lincoln will also offer a lane keeping system and a lane keeping aid. The standard 3.7L V-6 engine now pushes out 300 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque. That is a bump of 32 horsepower for the MKT and 27 horsepower for the MKS. The highway fuel economy has risen by 1 mpg for the MKT and by 3 mpg for the MKS.

I think that Lincoln did make the right changes under the body of the vehicles but not the right choices with the designs. I don't think that this new fascia makes the vehicles look classy or professional, it just makes it look odd and boring. The previous grill made a BIG statement and made Lincoln's very recognizable on the road. I know that Lincoln has a long way to go but more changes need to be made along the way. I really want Lincoln to succeed and be a true luxury competitor but Ford has to really make that effort.

The new 2013 Lincoln MKS and MKT will go on sale in Spring of 2012.

How do you feel about the design change?

For more information on the new MKS and MKT check out Lincoln's website:  http://www.lincoln.com/

Please click the "Join this site" button on the right hand side, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting for the 2013 MKS to trade in my Mercedes S500. I need a more dependable care. The MB looks great, but don't turn it off because you never know when it will not start again. The dealership can only fit it when the computer tells them what is wrong with it and that doesn't always happen. by the way, after the waranty ended, my maintence has bee $11,000 for 3 years. I am hoping the new Lincoln will be as great as the Lincoln Continentals use to be.

    ReplyDelete

Print this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...