Translate

Monday, September 10, 2012

2013 Honda Accord

The Honda Accord has been "redesigned" for the 2013 model year. The 2013 Honda Accord receives an updated design, new set of transmissions, and engine choices. The 2013 Accord competes against the redesigned Nissan Altima, Toyota Camry, Kia Optima, Hyundai Sonata, VW Passat, Chrysler 200, Dodge Avenger, and the soon to be released Ford Fusion and Mazda6.

Two engines are offered on this generation Accord: a direct-injection 2.4L I-4 and a 3.5L V6. The 2.4L I-4 makes 189 hp and is mated to a 6-speed manual or CVT. The 3.5L V6 makes 278 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque and is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. The 2.4L engine when mated to a manual achieves 24 mpg city and 34 hwy. The same engine when mated to the new CVT achieves 27 city and 36 hwy. The 3.5L V6 engine achieves 21 city and 34 hwy with the 6-speed automatic.

The 2013 Honda Accord will come in many variations to satisfy buyer's needs. Those variations include a sedan, coupe, hybrid, and plug-in hybrid. The base model Accord starts at $22,470, including a $790 destination charge. Buyers who want the V6 engine will have to shell out $30,860. The 2013 Accord sedan will go on sale later this month while the coupe will go on sale in October.

The Green Light: I will say that I am not a fan of the new design, I really expected to see something revolutionary. While this generation model to me is bland, it does look better than the outgoing model. I can definitely see styling cues from the last generation Acura TL. The last Honda Accord I was in was a 2005 model which I really enjoyed. I am used to CVT transmissions so it doesn't bother me that Honda has decided to use one. I really want to get behind the wheel of one to see how well it competes against Nissan's new Xtronic CVT transmission.

How do you feel about the 2013 Honda Accord?

Please click the "Join this site" button on the right hand side, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

Like The Green Light on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theglight?ref=hl

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AntonioJakes

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work and please tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject?
    Rodshows.com
    ISCA
    Foose

    ReplyDelete

Print this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...