Translate

Thursday, April 12, 2012

2012 NY Auto Show: 2012 Acura MDX

The Acura MDX is a 7 passenger luxury crossover. The 2012 Acura MDX is equipped with a 3.7L VTEC V6  engine that is paired with a 6-speed transmission. The 3.7L V6 engine pushes out 300 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque. The MDX comes standard with Acura's SH-AWD system (Super Handling All-Wheel Drive). The fuel economy for this vehicle is rated at 16 mpg/city and 21mpg/hwy. Some standard features on the MDX include 18 inch wheels, automatic xenon headlamps, a power liftgate, two-way adjustable driver lumbar, and Bluetooth connectivity. The 2012 Acura MDX competes with the Audi Q7, Mercedes-Benz GL, and the new Infiniti JX35.

I had the chance to check out the MDX at the New York Auto Show and was quite impressed with this vehicle. I know I have bashed Acura vehicles before but I may have to retract some of those comments. There were quite a few things that I did like about the MDX. The driver's seat is very comfortable and has a great driving position. The dashboard and counsel layout is done very well and is easy to reach. I really love touchscreens so I did not know if I would like the MDX's non-touchscreen. But I actually found it very simple and easy to use. The Acura controller was easy to get comfortable with and I was able to move at a quick place when putting in information. There is a lot of storage in the MDX that you will not have a problem finding somewhere to put your belongings. The backseats of the MDX were comfortable but there was not a lot of second row legroom. I also thought that folding the second row seats were more complicated than they needed to be. The third row was uncomfortable and should only be used by small children! The new Infiniti JX35 does offer more second row legroom and the seats are much easier to move and fold.

Overall I think that the 2012 Acura MDX is a great vehicle and offers a lot. I haven't driven the MDX and I am not in the market for a 7 passenger crossover but I wouldn't mind driving this car for a few days. The MDX may not be the most attractive vehicle in the class but it should definitely be considered.

Please follow, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...