Translate

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thoughts: 2013 Lincoln MKZ

*Update (3/30/12): The 2013 MKZ will come equipped with a sliding glass roof. Lincoln chose this design to differentiate the MKZ from the Ford Fusion. I think this a great feature that many MKZ buyers will enjoy. I'm really excited about this vehicle!

(1/11/12) I have to say that the 2013 Lincoln MKZ concept car is HOT!!! This is the design language that I expect from Ford's  luxury brand. The MKZ concept looks like a true luxury vehicle. After seeing the MKZ concept, I wished Lincoln would have held off on the changes to the MKS and MKT. But like everyone else has been saying, it's still front-wheel drive. While the MKZ concept looks vastly different from the Fusion concept will that change in design make someone buy an MKZ or a Fusion? I'm quite not sure. I really like the Fusion concept and think it looks great but I also like the MKZ concept. Still when it comes down to money I don't think I would shell out extra for the MKZ.

The Lincoln brand still has a long way to go! By looking at the MKZ concept they are going in the right design direction but there's a lot still missing. I don't know what they're doing over their at Lincoln but there needs to be a rear-wheel drive vehicle in their lineup. If Hyundai made the effort to ave rear-wheel drive vehicles in their lineup, Lincoln needs to make that same effort. I personally think more changes need to be made at Lincoln.

What are your thoughts on the Lincoln MKZ concept?

Please click the "Join this site" button on the right hand side, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

2 comments:

  1. I like the styling of the 2013 MKZ concept car. Unfortunately, the production model is bland. Why do so many car manufacturers exhibit great looking concept cars and then fall back to a drab styling? I won't be buying the new MKZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really good question. I'm not quite sure why car manufacturers do that but it's a shame that they do. I just hope Lincoln knows that they have to come strong with their designs or people won't buy their vehicles. I love the styling of the 2013 MKZ and I hope Lincoln doesn't change the design.

    ReplyDelete

Print this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...