Translate

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Review: 2012 Chevy Impala LT

The 2012 Chevy Impala is the first GM product I have driven. The Impala competes against the Nissan Maxima, Toyota Avalon, Hyundai Azera, and Ford Taurus. My tester was an Impala LT which stickers for a little over $28,000.

Exterior
To be honest, there is nothing attractive or eye-catching about the current generation Impala. The exterior is bland and does not hold its own against the competition. I am extremely happy that the next generation Impala is on its way. My tester came in Imperial Blue Metallic which is not one of my favorite colors.

Interior
After being inside of the 2014 Chevy Impala, I was very disappointed with my tester's interior. The interior definitely resembles the "Old GM". The materials throughout the cabin were mostly hard plastics. The seats in the Impala were comfortable and supportive. The most impressive aspect of the Impala was the amount of legroom and headroom. The knobs and buttons are dated but were easy to use. But for a vehicle that cost close to $30,000 I expect more luxurious touches.

Tech
The only tech in my tester was Bluetooth hands-free calling.

Behind the wheel
The Chevy Impala is powered by a 3.6L V6 engine producing 300 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque. The engine is paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission. Driving from NYC back home to North Carolina I wanted to see how the Impala would drive and handle. The power came on smoothly and was there every time I needed it. The Impala is not by any means sport and it showed due to the lack of steering feedback. The car soaked up the bumps in the road well. Visibility was good but having a Blindspot monitoring system would have helped.

Overall
I have never been interested in the Chevy Impala mainly because of it's exterior and interior design. After seeing the next generation Impala I am very excited for that vehicle. The next generation Impala can be competitive against the new competition. The V6 engine in the Impala was greatly needed and adds some life to the car when driving it. If you are interested in a vehicle with a strong engine, decent ride, good fuel economy, and don't care about exterior designs then check out the 2012 Chevy Impala. The base model 2012 Chevy Impala starts at $26,585 and delivers 18 mpg/city and 30mpg/hwy.

Please click the "Join this site" button on the right hand side, subscribe, and check out my other posts!


Like The Green Light on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theglight?ref=hl

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AntonioJakes

  

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree, I have seen the newer Impala's and I have never been super impressed. However, After stopping by Chevy McAllen TX. They may have changed my mind about that car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an interesting review! The Chevrolet Impala series is one of the notable releases of Chevrolet and GM. It takes on the old design of the Pontiac group, but they added some features to make the car more interesting. Although the styling may not be as interesting and attention grabbing as other Chev releases, the optimum performance provided by its astounding engine makes up for it. And the 10th generation of Chev Impala sure is worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to read my review. Please subscribe to my blog. You are right!, the 10th generation Impala is definitely worth the wait.

      Delete

Print this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...