Translate

Friday, July 22, 2011

Is Lexus still considered a top luxury brand?

On Motor Trends website today there is an article about the 2013 GS Prototype and if this will make Lexus a "cool" brand again. I found it interesting because for the past few months I've been thinking about how strong of a brand Lexus used to be. I really think that Lexus has lost it's way compared to when it was first introduced. One major problem that I have with Lexus lately are the designs of their vehicles, they just aren't interesting. These designs are just as bland as the designs of Toyota's. Other luxury automakers such as Infiniti, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, and BMW offer more interesting exteriors and interiors than Lexus does. Offering different vehicle designs allow the companies to reach a interested buyers from all age demographics.

When I talk to my friends about cars there is never a discussion about Lexus. They all talk about other luxury and non-luxury brands. It is important that Lexus try to appeal to a younger demographic because it will allow them to grow with new customers. I don't think that it is impossible for Lexus to change around its image but they need to start sooner than later. My favorite Lexus model was the first generation RX300. Lately I have not been a fan of Lexus but I'm hoping they can change my view.

Do you agree? What are your views about Lexus? Please comment and lets start a discussion.

Please click the "Join this site" button on the right hand side, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...