Translate

Thursday, April 12, 2012

2012 NY Auto Show: 2013 Lincoln MKS

The 2013 Lincoln MKS is Lincoln's midsize luxury sedan. The MKS offers two engine choices: a 3.7L V6 engine pushing out 304 hp and 279 lb-ft of torque, and a 3.5L Twin Turbo Charged Direct Injection EcoBoost V6 engine producing 365 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. The 3.7L and 3.5L engines are mated to a 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission with paddle shifts. Front-wheel drive is standard with the 3.7L engine but All-Wheel drive is an option. The 3.5L EcoBoost engine comes standard with All-Wheel drive. The MKS competes against the Infiniti M, BMW 5 Series, Mercedes-Benz E Class, and Audi A6.

EPA Ratings:
FDW: 18/city, 27/hwy
AWD (3.7L): 18/city, 26/hwy
EcoBoost: 17/city, 25/hwy

Over the past few years I have been hard on the Lincoln brand. When I saw pictures of the refreshed MKS I was very disappointed. I thought that the MKS looked better before this refresh was given. I will say that I have seen the 2013 MKS in person and have to retract my rant! The 2013 Lincoln MKS is a good looking sedan in person. I was really surprised to find myself liking the MKS as much as I did. The inside of the MKS is all about luxury and does not disappoint. The backseats of the MKS are one of the most comfortable seats I have been in. There was a decent amount of leg and headroom which is always a plus. The low tunnel shaft makes it easy to fit a person in the middle. The driver's seat was supportive and at a good position. It was easy to reach the controls and buttons on the dashboard and center console. The steering wheel and shifter were easy to grip and control. The MKS is laced with soft touch materials throughout the cabin.

I really LIKE the 2013 Lincoln MKS and I haven't even driven it yet. But the fact that I like a Lincoln is HUGE for me because I haven't been a fan of a Lincoln since the LS. The 2013 Lincoln MKS will start at $42, 810 which is less than the other vehicles in the class.

Please follow, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

2 comments:

  1. Not only does it feel luxurious inside, the 2013 MKS is also faster than the older models. The manufacturers put up multiple sensors in the car to monitor every motion in the car at 50 frames per second: from adjusting the suspension to managing unexpected bumps. These technologies lend to the improved comfort of the ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and sharing this information. I really can't wait to drive the MKS!

      Delete

Print this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...