Translate

Thursday, July 5, 2012

2013 Kia Optima Limited

Kia is testing the waters with an upscale version of the Optima. The 2013 Kia Optima Limited is on sale now and is priced at $35,275. Since no other midsize cars offer trims starting at over $35,000, the 2013 Optima Limited competes against the Hyundai Azera, Nissan Maxima, Ford Taurus, Chevy Impala, and entry level luxury compact sedans.

The Limited trim is $7,700 more than the top of the line SX trim. The 2013 Optima Limited gets LED daytime running lamps, red brake calipers, and special 18" chrome wheels. Occupants of the Optima Limited are treated to black or white Nappa leather seats, center console, and door panels. The Limited also adds wood accents to the steering wheel, doors, and shift knob.

The 2013 Kia Optima Limited is quipped with Kia's 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, producing 274 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. The 2.0L turbocharged engine is paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission.

The Green Light: I am a big fan of the current generation Kia Optima. Even though I have yet to drive the 2013 Nissan Altima and Ford Fusion, the Optima is my favorite midsize sedan. As much as I love the Optima I'm not sure if buyers will be willing to shell out $35,000 for the Optima Limited. I personally think it would have been better for Kia to introduce an actual luxury model. If I was buying a vehicle right now I would most likely buy an Azera or Maxima over the 2013 Optima Limited.

Please click the "Join this site" button on the right hand side, subscribe, and check out my other posts!


Like The Green Light on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theglight?ref=hl

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AntonioJakes

3 comments:

  1. I actually disagree about going for Azera or Maxima as a motivation to not buy this Optima special trim. Actually I own the SX and besides the Limited is a bit more expensive, I guess when you objectively compare what you got at about 36k with optima and what is the price you have to pay on any other competitor to get that quality, you go way above that price. Then, if your personal taste comes in, of course buy what you want. but optima stays the best offer besides this slightly increase on price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand why you would disagree. I think the Optima is one of the best offers a buyer can find. I'm just not sold on spending $35,000 on a midsize sedan. Looking at prices of full-size sedans the cost is right in line with the Optima limited. Quality is not as bad as it used to be. The Taurus, Azera, Maxima, and even the 2014 Chevy Impala offer a lot of bang for your buck. I also feel for someone who has $35,000 to spend on a vehicle, value is not a top concern for many buyers. The Optima Limited offers a lot but for around that amount of money I could have a full-size sedan with more room, bigger engine, and good quality materials.

      Delete
  2. Way to bring up an old topic I know but: I just switched from a 2010 Maxima w/ premium package to the SXL and the Optima is definitely a nicer car for about $5,000 less when comparatively equipped. Now obviously if my insurance was in better standing I would've spent $35k on a Charger RT or that new Chevy SS. One day lol...

    ReplyDelete

Print this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...