Translate

Friday, April 6, 2012

2012 NY Auto Show: 2013 Lincoln MKZ


Lincoln revealed the 2013 MKZ at the New York Auto Show. The exterior of the car is very similar to the concept that was revealed earlier this year. Even though the MKZ rides on the same platform as the Ford Fusion, there is a big difference between the two. The 2013 MKZ will have two available engines, a 2.0L EcoBoost I-4 engine and a 3.7L V6 engine. The 2.0L I-4 engine produces 240 hp and the 3.7L V6 produces 300 hp. Both engines are mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel drive is optional and a hybrid model will follow.




I think that the MKZ is a beautiful car to look at and I am happy that it looks nothing like the Ford Fusion. It is a very luxurious looking car. I had a chance to get in the car and I was impressed. The backseats of the MKZ are really comfortable and supportive. I had ample leg and headroom and was very comfortable in the back. The driver's seat was just as comfortable as the backseats. The dashboard and doors use padded and soft touch materials. The center console is amazing and flows well with the rest of the cabin. The highlight of the MKZ is the sliding glass roof! One thing I am not a big fan of are the buttons that are used for Park, Reverse, Neutral, etc. I would have liked to see an actual shift knob but there may be people who actually like this feature. The 2013 MKZ is a very important vehicle for Lincoln and they are moving in the right direction.



Do you like the 2013 Lincoln MKZ?

Please comment, subscribe, follow, and check out my other posts! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...