Translate

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thoughts: 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

Spy shots of the next generation Nissan Pathfinder have surfaced on the internet and I am quite curious about the final product. Upfront the Pathfinder reminds me of the Murano, which is a great looking vehicle but I'm not sure if it will work for the Pathfinder. The new Pathfinder will be built on the same front-wheel drive platform as the Murano, Maxima, and new Infiniti JX. It is very likely that the new Pathfinder and Infiniti JX will share the same engine options as well.

I think that the redesigned Pathfinder will have a better shot at competing against the Toyota Highlander, Chevy Traverse, and Honda Pilot. The only thing I am really concerned about is if Nissan plans to give the new Pathfinder a masculine look.  I've always seen the Pathfinder as being very rugged and aggressive.The Murano is a nice looking but to me is geared towards females instead of males. Based off of the heavy camo I can't really tell how the new Pathfinder will look. I'm hoping that it keeps it's masculine look which makes it a Pathfinder. I didn't find anything wrong with the box look of the current generation Pathfinder. It would have been very interesting if Nissan could have developed that truck shape. I think that the GMC Terrain pulls off that look very well. 

The Pathfinder concept will be unveiled at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show.

Please click the "Join this site" button on the right hand side, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...